NOTE: Palmetto Gun Club membership is limited to 800 members. The club is near or at that limit.
It is currently accepting new member applications, but only for a waitlist, limited to 40.
Please note: the application fee must first be paid to be put on the waitlist.
The process to be placed on the application list is explained below.
Steps for Applying for Palmetto Gun Club Membership:
Once the first vote for the candidate is passed, a range orientation will be scheduled, and then a second vote at a subsequent PGC member meeting. The candidate MUST attend the range orientation in person, and MUST attend one of the two votes in person. The candidate's sponsor or other PGC member can stand-in for one of the votes. The candidate's sponsor must attend at one of the votes to vouch that he or she supports accepting the candidate as a club member.
- Read all of the membership requirements below.
- You must have a current club member sponsor prior to being able to submit an application. Your sponsor will submit a nomination for your membership (using the nomination for new member form found in the members only section of the website) to the club secretary who will then email a link to you to formally apply. If you do not have a sponsor, please see the updated Membership FAQ concerning methods to obtain sponsorship: : FAQ (palmettogunclub.org).
- Once you receive the email inviting you to apply, complete the Google form Electronic Application at the provided link.
- Activate your application by attending a PGC Member meeting, and bring your identification (SC CWP or Driver's License), proof of NRA membership, and $25 non-refundable application fee.
- All of the above must be completed Before the application may be activated.
- Applications will only be activated at a PGC Monthly Club meeting. They must be activated at the meeting by the applicant or by the applicant's sponsor or other PGC member.
- No applications will be accepted by mail or email.
- The club secretary will contact you at the email address provided on the application, when your first vote is scheduled.
Click Here to email the Club Secretary an email if you have any further questions.
Club Dues, Fees, & Assessments:
- Must be a legal resident of the United States of America and at least eighteen (18) years old.
- According to the legal requirements of the United States, applicant is able to purchase and possess firearms; and there is no other reason why the applicant could not, or should not, own or use firearms.
- Applicants must present a State issued picture ID or a Current SC CWP when their application is activated at a regular club meeting. This ID may be scanned by the Chief Instructor and become part of the electronic application.
- All applicants that do not have a Current SC CWP, will agree at the time of application to have a background check performed by Palmetto Gun Club prior to their second vote for membership.
- Membership applicants must have a sponsor in good standing with PGC and be personally interviewed and approved on a two-thirds vote by the membership at a regular monthly meeting.
- The Palmetto Gun Club monthly meetings are announced on the Home Page and email to the membership.
- After the first vote by the membership, the applicant must attend a Range Safety orientation with the PGC Chief Instructor or designee before the 2nd vote can occur.
- Continuous Membership in the NRA is required. You must provide proof of your membership (NRA card or the mailing label from a recent publication) which must be verified by an officer of the club when you join. Or you can join the NRA by going to their website at www.NRA.org and file a copy of your card with the club secretary when received.
- Range Membership ID / Gate Cards will be issued when all requirements have been fulfilled and application completed.
- PGC Newsletters and Club Notices/Invoices are E-mailed out to all members. You must keep your email address up to date with the club secretary.
- Club Dues are $150/ year. Annual membership is from April 1st thru March 31st. Renewal notices will be sent out in April, to the email address provided. Annual invoices are due on May 1st. Any Annual Dues or Assessments not paid by the date of the regular monthly PGC membership meeting in May (the 3rd Tuesday in May) are considered to be in Arrears.
- Workday Assessments are $180/year. Members may participate in two workday projects annually or other approved work projects instead of paying the assessment. Workdays are recorded for the calendar year and are applied to the member's annual invoice the following April. New members joining the club in Jul., Aug. or Sept. will be responsible for only 1 workday for that calendar year. Members joining in Oct., Nov. or Dec. will have a zero-workday requirement.
- PGC Initiation Fee is $750, due at the time of joining. The Initiation Fee may be paid in two (2) equal installments, the first being due at the time of the 2nd vote. The final payment is due one (1) year later, on the member's anniversary date.
- New members will pay pro-rated Annual Dues, for the current year, at the time of joining the club. These new members will receive an annual invoice, the following April, for their next year's dues and workday fees based upon workday credits earned during the previous calendar year.
- Chart provides a breakdown of the minimum new-member payments, based upon the month of joining (date of 2nd membership vote.)